Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: What equipment should I buy.

  1. #11
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vespasian
    I will do that. Right now I am in need of advice of what hardware to put in my new pc to help out with my super 8 video editing and my computer animation. If you got any suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You may take a look at this post:

    rec.arts.movies.production

    [Answer] [rec.arts.movies.production]

    Subject: Re: Choosing a workstation
    From: [email protected] (Robert Morein)
    Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.production
    Organization: nowhere.com
    Date: Nov 26 2003 11:16:19
    User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158

    "Doctor Phibes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] m...
    > I'm looking to get into film production and I am looking into computer
    > workstations.

    You want to hurry over to rec.video.desktop, where this question is on topic
    and discussed all the time.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  3. #13
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info. I did not think about it being in the wrong kind of board till I had already post the question.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  4. #14
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I took this question over to cgtalk so I'm going to close this down.
    As for Vespasian. I hope you see where you took what I said in the wrong way. This is not the kind of place to fight. We all need answers and I try and keep it fun. I never try and start something with someone. If that happens I just don't even post in reply to them and I don't want to fall in to that same loop as I do on so many other boards.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  5. #15
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just wanted to give you a better idea of the money I was looking to spend and where I stand so that you might be able to point me in the direction of that kind of hardware.

    You don't seem like a bad person and I think you take my last post in the wrong way.
    You have been on this board much longer than I have and I bet you have worked with super 8 a lot more than I have and that is why I came here so see if someone could help me out.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks.
    I don't have $8000 right now to spend but that is what I want to put into it over the next 6 months or so. I'm like you if I just had an extra 8k I would try and make a movie aswell.
    I am starting with super 8 and am going to move up from that. I like super 8. It's cheap when you compare it to other formats.

    I should of post this in a tech forum. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Thanks
    Anthony

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think you misunderstood my post.

    The meaning was that you may get better advice on that forum than this one on this tech even though I believe that this topic has been discussed here earlier. Use the search function above to check.

    Nothing wrng about posting it here though.

    R

  8. #18
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok [img]smile.gif[/img]
    It's all good.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Vespasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alright alright I'd amit I did take it the wrong way. Sorry about that Anthony. I would love to have $8000 to spend on a setup. I could make an entire movie for $8000 easy. That would be awsome, but seriously have fun shoppin'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •